Troy Dendekker is famous for being the wife of late American guitarist and lead singer of the ’90s band Sublime, Bradley Nowell. Her husband died at the age of 28 just a week after their marriage.
Table of Contents
Marriage with Bradley Nowell
- Troy Dendekker and Bradley Nowell met for the first time in 1994 and soon started dating.
- After a few months into their relationship, Troy became pregnant and welcomed their first child, Jakob James Nowell on June 25, 1995.
- The pair walked down the aisle in a Hawaiian-themed wedding in Las Vegas eleven months later.
- Unfortunately, their wedding ended a week later after Bradley’s demise.
Death of Her Husband
- Dendekker’s former husband died at the age of 28 on May 25, 1996, due to an overdose of heroin.
- He took his last breath at the Ocean View Motel in San Francisco while he was staying with his band members.
- Bud Gaugh, drummer of Sublime, found him unconcious and called the paramedics. However, Brad had already died several hours earlier.
- His ashes were scattered in his fave surfing spot in Surfside, California.
Married to Kiki Holmes
- Troy Dendekker married with her second husband, Keith ‘Kiki’ Holmes after six years of Bradley Nowell’s death.
- They shared their vows on November 1, 2002.
- Unfortunately, her second marriage ended in a divorce on July 25, 2018.
Troy has Four Kids
- Troy Dendekker is a mother of four kids: Jakob James Nowell, Erica Angel, Mary Jane, and Rudi Holmes.
- She welcomed her first child, Jakob on June 25, 1995 with her ex-husband Bradley Nowell before thier marriage. Her son is currently the lead vocalist of a LA-based band, LAW.
- The other three kids are from her second husband, Kiki Holmes. They welcomed Erica in 2003, Mary Jane on November 11, 2004 and Rudi on May 12, 2008.
Running The Nowell Foundation
- Following the death of her husband, Troy Dendekker is running awareness programs about drug addiction along with her family members.
- In 2017, they founded the Nowell Family Foundation. The main motto of the organization is to help musicians seeking treatment for addiction.
- Kellie Nowell (Jakob’s aunt) is working as the executive director of the foundation.
Short-Bio of Troy Dendekker
- Troy Dendekker was born on March 8, 1971.
- She is the daughter of Robert ‘Chico’ and Nikki Dendekker.
- She was rasied alongside her brother, Draak Dendekker. Draak has already passed away.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.