Sam Caird is a British actor and director but he is famous for being the husband of actress, Anna Popplewell. He is also known for being the son of stage director and writer, John Caird and Annie Caird.
Caird’s Parents and Siblings
- Sam Caird was born Samuel Caird on July 8, 1987, in London, the United Kingdom.
- He is the son of stage director and writer, John Caird and his second wife, Ann Dorszynski (aka Annie Caird).
- He was raised alongside two elder siblings: a sister Joanna (b. January 29, 1983), and a brother Benjamin (b. October 10, 1984).
- He graduated from Oxford College in 2010.
- Caird was also a part of the Oxford University Dramatic Society.
Parents’ Unsuccessful Marriage and Other Relationships
- Sam’s parents, John Caird and Annie Dorszynski got married in 1982 in Finsbury, London. His mother is the second wife of his father.
- However, they divorced in the late 1980s.
- After their divorce, his mother got into a relationship with the Vice President of Pantages Theatre, Martin Wiviott.
- On the other hand, his father has married four times. Before marrying Annie, he was married to Helen Brammer in 1970. After Annie, he walked down the aisle with his third wife Frances Ruffelle in 1990 and divorced in 1993. As of now, he is married to his fourth and current wife, Maoko Imai since 1998.
- Sam Caird has five step-siblings from his father’s other marriages.
- From his father’s third marriage with Frances, he has two half-siblings: Eliza (singer and songwriter) and Nathaniel Caird(singer).
- Also, he has three other half-siblings from his father’s fourth marriage: sister Miyako and two brothers, Yoji and Yayako Caird.
Sam’s Married to Anna Popplewell
- Sam Caird, 34, got married to actress, Anna Popplewell at 2 p.m. on Saturday, May 14, 2016, at The Temple Church, London.
- Their wedding was a glorious one with even the music group, Motown Supreme performing for the bride and groom.
You guys were extraordinarily brilliant, from the first song to the last number you had everyone on their feet. So fun, so talented, and such a pleasure to work with; we are enormously grateful to you for making our wedding reception so special. Now we just need to throw more parties so we can have you play again. Thank you!!Sam and Anna thank Motown Supreme’s performance on their wedding via Facebook (now-deleted)!
Who is Sam’s Partner?
- Anna Popplewell aka Anna Katherine Popplewell was born on December 16, 1988, in London, England to Andrew Popplewell and Debra Lomas.
- She is a British actress who has been active in the industry since 1998.
- She is well known for her work in Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
Sam Caird’s Professional Life
- Sam Caird has an estimated net worth of $1 million as of 2021. On the other hand, he shares a whopping $4 million worth of fortune with his wife, Anna.
- Caird earned his worth working as an actor in a few movies. His appearances include Shades of Mourning, Comedy Lab, Farmland, and Chicken.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.