Rosemary Margaret Hobor is a material artist by profession but she is known for being the wife of the late Canadian comedian, John Candy.
Rosemary Margaret Hobor’s Relationship with Her Husband
- Rosemary Margaret Hobor met her husband, John Candy on a blind date set by their common friend in 1979.
- After several months of dating, they got married on April 28, 1979.
- The duo was together for 15 years, but it couldn’t continue any longer as her husband died in 1994.
- After the death of her husband, she is living as a widow and has preferred to stay away from the limelight.
How did John Candy Die?
- Rosemary’s husband, John died due to a heart attack.
- He lost his life at the age of 43 on March 4, 1994, in Durango, Mexico.
- At that time, he was shooting Wagons East for Carolco Pictures.
- Recently in 2019, a TV series called Autopsy: The Last Hours of…. covered his death.
Mother of Two
- Rosemary Margaret Hobor and John Candy shared two kids: Jennifer Candy (b. February 3, 1980) and Christopher Candy (b. September 23, 1984).
- Both of them have followed their father’s footsteps into the entertainment industry.
- Jennifer is an actor and producer who is well known for her portrayal in Liv and Maddie, In Vino, and Where’s This Party?.
- Candy, 41, is a married woman. She shared her wedding vows with Bryan Sullivan on October 27, 2012.
- Together, they have a daughter, Finley Candy Sullivan.
- Christopher or Chris is also an actor who is known for his work in Contracted, Where’s This Party?, and To the Stones.
- He trained at Groundlings, Second City, and Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Candy currently performs with the improv team, DAZL from Second City.
- Chris is also a host of the KXLU 88.9‘s weekly music program, Neuz Pollution, and the co-host and creator of Bumper 2 Bumper.
Rose Candy’s Net Worth and Career
- It’s quite difficult to estimate Rosemary Margaret Hobor’s net worth. However, her husband, who died in 1994, left her and their kids, a fortune worth $15 million.
- Hobor is a contemporary artist.
- She has been involved in photography, drawing, and painting for over four decades.
- During the 70s, she received a grant from Ontario Arts Council for seven years for conducting workshops, critiques, and delivering lectures as visiting artists through the Ceramics program.
- Currently, she has her own studio in Santa Monica, California.
- She has done art shows at Rose Candy Studio/Gallery in California, Montana Street Art Show in Santa Monica, and Brentwood Art Centre Group Shows in Brentwood, among others.
- She also does commission works. Some of her commission works include Lu Lu Lemon in LA, Kelley Murray Greenhouse in Chicago, Flying Circus Restaurant in Toronto, Second City Firehall Theatre in Toronto, and so on.
Rosemary Margaret Hobor’s Early Life and Education
- Rosemary Margaret Hobor celebrates her birthday every year on August 30 however the exact year of her birth is yet to be revealed.
- She completed her degree in Material Arts from Ontario College of Art and Design University in 1973.
- Similarly, she was a part of the Brentwood Fine Arts School in LA from 1989 to 2018.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.