Robin Christensen Roussimoff is famous among the public for being the only daughter of the legendary wrestler André René Roussimoff (the legendary wrestler) who is better known as Andre the Giant.
Robin Christensen Roussimoff’s Early Life
- Robin Christensen Roussimoff was born in 1979 as the only daughter of André René Roussimoff and his wife, Jean Christensen.
- Andre and Jean married in Canada, but never had their marriage registered.
- Robin’s parents separated soon after her birth; she was raised by her mother.
Relationship with Father
- Robin Christensen Roussimoff didn’t get to spend much time with her father, Andre the Giant. This might be the reason why she didn’t have a good relationship with him.
- Robin even took her dad for a paternity test once to find out if he is really her real father.
- While being interviewed by Wrestle Zone, she spoke about her relationship with her dad.
I was not on the road with my Dad. If anything, he had me as far away from that industry as possible. We, unfortunately, did not have that great of a relationship. Mostly because he was on the road so much. I think it came to like 298 days out of the year in his prime. Like a lot of people in that industry, he led a very gypsy-like lifestyle. He lived out of a suitcase. Because of that we never really got a chance to form a relationship.Robin Roussimoff talking about her relationship with her dad.
- André the Giant died due to a congestive heart failure on January 23, 1993, at a Paris hotel room.
- Andre was in Paris to attend his father’s funeral and stayed longer to be with his mom on her birthday. However, fate had other plans for him.
- Robin and her mother came to know about Andre’s demise after a month. They found out only after Andre’s lawyer called them.
- According to Andre’s will, all of his properties and estates went to his daughter.
- The wrestler’s body was cremated in the US according to his wish and his ashes were scattered at his ranch in Ellerbe, North Carolina.
Robin Christensen Roussimoff’s Net Worth and Career
- Robin Christensen Roussimoff became a multimillionaire overnight as she received a $10 million worth of fortune after the death of her father.
- Christensen worked as a consultant in her father’s biopic. She even helped author Brandon Easton write, Andre the Giant: Closer to Heaven. Brandon’s book is sold on Amazon for $11.39 (Kindle) and $9.84 (Paperback).
- She is currently working at DSW Designer Show Warehouse in Lynnwood, Washington. She has been working for them since May 2019.
- Her dad is considered one of the greatest wrestlers in WWF.
- During the ’70s, he was named the highest-paid wrestler in history in the 1974 Guiness Book of World Records. Records has it that he earned $400,000 within a year during the early 1970s.
- Her father has also made appearances in several movies. He debuted with his role as Big Foot in The Six Million Dollar Man in 1975. He then went on to appear in movies such as Conan the Destroyer, The Fall Guy, The Greatest American Hero, and The Princess Bride.
- In contrast, her mom was a seamstress and photographer. She had her own shop called, Andre’s Bodacious Babe Costumes.
In 2013, Andre’s 3500 square feet North Carolina ranch was put up for an auction. The starting bid was $325,000. The results of the auction are kept in the dark.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.