Paul Qualley is the ex-husband of the Groundhog Day actress, Andie MacDowell. He currently works as a rancher but he previously worked as a model.
Table of Contents
Paul Qualley’s Early Life
- Paul Qualley was born on March 13, 1958, in New York, United States of America.
- He is the son of Lee James Qualley and Patricia Ann Rondou.
Unsuccessful Marriage with Andie MacDowell
- Paul Qualley and Andie MacDowell shared their vows in 1986.
- They first met while posing for Gap ads.
- Unfortunately, after 13 years of marriage, they divorced in 1999.
Welcomed Three Kids with Andie MacDowell
- Paul Qualley shared three kids, Justin, Rainey, and Sarah Margaret Qualley, with his former wife, Andie MacDowell.
- Andie gave birth to their first child, Justin Qualley on August 14, 1986. He is working as a real estate agent in Montana.
- Their second child, Rainey was born on March 10, 1990. She is an actress and singer who received the Miss Golden Globe 2012.
- Last but not the least, their third child, Sarah Margaret Qualley was born on October 23, 1994. She is also a model and actress.
Has Paul Qualley Married After Divorce?
- After the divorce, Paul Qualley stayed away from the limelight. So, we are unsure about his personal life.
- Meanwhile, his ex-wife has gone through a couple of relationships.
- Soon after their divorce, she dated actor Dennis Quaid.
- Andie’s daughter, Sarah says it was her fault that her mother started dating Dennis.
- On November 10, 2001, she got married to Rhett Hartzog (her high school classmate) in front of 450 guests. However, they separated in October 2004.
Child Custody and Other Details
- After their divorce, Paul and Andie got joint custody of their kids and lived three miles away from each other to take care of thier kids.
- While talking with Lady First, thier youngest kid revealed that her dad had built a house right behind her school to spend more time with her.
I grew up with my parents living three miles away form each other. My dad built a house right behind my school and would walk and bring me lunch every day to school. It was dreamy.
- In the same interview, she disclosed that her parents were completely different from one another. While her mother had all the regular amenities, her father’s house didn’t hold any of such things.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.