Patricia Beech is known for being the first wife of Tony Bennett who is a renowned singer and the founder of Frank Sinatra School of Arts.
Patricia Beech’s Early Life
- Patricia Beech was born in Mansfield, Ohio, and is the daughter of his father Harold Beech.
- She completed her junior schooling at Hedges Grade School (now Hedges Elementary School).
- For her high school, she joined John Simpson Junior High School.
- Later on, she completed her graduation in arts from Cleveland.
Married Tony Bennett in 1951
- Patricia Beech met her ex-husband, Tony Bennett for the first time in Cleveland after Bennett’s nightclub performance.
- She met for an autograph; however, they fell in love and started dating.
- Following several months of dating, they decided to get married.
- Patricia’s father was the first to announce the news of their marriage.
- They shared their vows on February 12, 1951, at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City.
- On their wedding day, 2,000 female fans dressed in black gathered outside their venue in mock mourning.
Got Divorce in 1971
- After 20 years of marriage, they divorced.
- The reason for their divorce was because of Tony’s busy schedule.
- In 1964, they started living separately, and Beech filed for divorce at the Chancery Division of Superior Court on September 25, 1969.
- In the document, she mentioned Bennett had willfully deserted her on August 19, 1964. Also, she suggested her husband was in a relationship with actress Sandra Grant and they were expecting a baby.
- Later on, their divorce got finalized in 1971.
Shared Two Kids
- Patricia Beech is a mother of two: Danny Andrea (D’Andrea) Bennett and Daegal Angel (D’Angel or Dae) Bennett. Both of her kids are from her marriage with Tony.
- The former couple welcomed their first son, D’Andrea in 1954.
- The following year, after their firstborn, they welcomed a second son, D’Angel.
- At the time of their divorce, their first child was 17 and the second was 16. While talking with some online sources, Tony shared how divorce breaks things apart.
Divorce smashes something. And it affects everyone – kids as well as grown-ups. One of my few regrets is that I wasn’t with my children as much as I would have liked. But I did stay involved with them. I truly tried to be a good father and some of my most wonderful moments were with them.
Life After Divorce
- Patricia Beech prefers to stay away from the limelight after her divorce while on the other hand, her husband married twice.
- Beech married Sandra Grant on December 29, 1971, but they divorced in 1979. Together they shared two kids: Joanna (born 1970) and Antonia Bennett (born 1974).
- As of now, he is married to Susan Marion Crow. They walked down the aisle on June 21, 2007.
Her Ex-husband Became the Second-Oldest Grammy Winner
- Patricia Beech’s ex-husband Tony Bennett became the second-oldest Grammy Award winner at the age of 95 in March 2022.
- Along with Lady Gaga, he received the Award for the traditional vocal album for “Love for Sale”.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.