Melanie Olmstead was one of those contributing to the Hollywood industry from behind the cameras. She worked as a filming crew for several movies before she died at the age of 50. She became famous after the Western drama Yellowstone paid tribute to Olmstead in its second season finale. For details on her personal and professional life, stay tuned till the end.
Melanie Olmstead’s Net Worth and Career
- Melanie Olmstead’s net worth at the time of her death was around $500 thousand.
- She was a crew member in the Hollywood industry since 2000. Specifically, she served as the location assistant for movies and TV shows.
- Olmstead also served as a driver for several movies and TV series such as John Carter, Good Joe, Frozen, and so on.
- The late filming crew member is best known for her work in Yellowstone. She was the transportation and location head for the series. When she died, the directors of the show felt that it was a huge loss on their side and so, they paid a tribute to her in the final episode of Season 2.
Melanie Olmstead’s Death
- The Yellowstone filming crew member passed away on May 25, 2019, at the age of 50 but the reason for her death is yet to be disclosed. While many haven’t spoken about her demise, a number of tabloids suggest she died by suicide.
- On July 30, her friends celebrated the life of Melanie at Salt Lake City. After the event, one of her friends wrote, “Celebration of life for Melanie Olmstead was amazing! Horsewomen, Writers, Artists, Theater, Film, cast, and crew peeps! Some I have known for 30 years! What beautiful souls! My Salt Lake family! Ride on, our beautiful Melanie Olmstead!“.
Melanie Olmstead Married Life
- Melanie Olmstead was married to Annalise Ford.
- They shared the wedding vows in 2015.
- Their marriage didn’t last forever due to Melanie’s untimely death.
- Since her childhood days, she was an animal lover and especially she loved horses. She owned a horse named, Mahogany, who is 39 years old as of June 2020.
Melanie Olmstead’s Early Life
- Melanie Olmstead was born on November 15, 1968, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- She is the adoptive daughter of Reid Howard (former military vet), and his first wife, Janet Corbridge.
- Her mother passed away in 1979 and after that, she was raised by her father and stepmother, Loa Rose Hanson.
- Her father died in 2016.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.
Samshan has been creating content for six years, from travel and tours to even news and magazine. He's also an avid fitness instructor.