Manuela Escobar is known as the daughter of the Colombian drug lord and narco-terrorist, Pablo Escobar.
Manuela Escobar’s Early Life
- Manuela Escobar was born to Pablo Escobar and Maria Victoria Henao as the youngest child on May 25, 1984, in Colombia.
- As of now, she is known with the name Juana Manuela Marroquin Santos.
- She has a elder brother named Juan Pablo who changed his name to Sebastian Marroquin. He is an architect.
Life Before Death of Pablo Escobar
- When her father, Pablo Escobar was alive, Manuela Escobar, lived like a princess as her father did whatever it took to fulfill her wishes.
- She once wished for a unicorn on her birthday. Though there are no such things, her dad created one for her from a horse.
- There are also rumors that her father burned stacks of $2 million cash to protect Manuela from hypothermia while they were hiding in the Medellin mountainside.
Life After Death of Pablo Escobar
- After the death of her father, her life became more difficult and dramatic as her father’s enemies wanted hid family dead.
- The Cali Cartel demanded millions from the Escobars to atone for Pablo’s crimes.
- No country wanted to give asylum to the Escobars.
- Her mother even petitioned the Vatican for help.
- Though her father died in 1993, her family found asylum only in 1995.
- Manuela alongside her mother, Maria and brother Juan Pablo, migrated to Mozambique, Brazil, Ecuador, South Africa, Peru, and finally settled in Argentina under a fake name.
- In Argentina, her mother started working as a real estate agent.
- Later on, in 1999, their identities were revealed and they were charged with a money laundering lawsuit. They were later freed due to a lack of evidence.
Suffered from Depression
- After the death of her father, Manuela Escobar has been suffering from severe depression.
- She has even attempted to commit suicide several times.
- Reportedly, her brother and sister-in-law took care of her when she suffered from depression.
Is Manuela Deaf?
- Manuela Escobar is reportedly deaf in her left ear.
- She became deaf in 1988 when rivals tried to murder her dad with a car bomb explosion at their Monaco apartment.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.