Layla Kiffin is known for being the ex-wife of an American football coach, Lane Monte Kiffin. She is also known for being the daughter of a professional football player, John Reaves.
Daughter of John Reaves
- Layla Kiffin was born as Layla Reaves on January 3, 1974, in Florida, USA.
- She is daughter of John and Patti Reaves.
- Her father died in 2017.
- She was raised alongside two siblings, David, and Stephen Reaves.
- For her schooling, she went to Buchholz High School.
- In 1996, she completed her graduation from the University of Florida.
Unsuccessful Married Life with Lane
- Layla Kiffin and Lane Kiffin shared their vows on July 1, 2004, after dating for several years.
- They first met in 1999 through Lane’s father, Monte Kiffin. His mother was working as an NFL defensive coordinator at the time.
- Soon after their first meeting, they started dating and after three months of relationship, they got engaged.
- Lane had also asked her late father’s permission before proposing her.
I thought he was going to say that he was getting out of coaching and wanted a job. Instead, he asked if he could marry my daughter. I called her to ask her, ‘Is he serious?’ I wasn’t supposed to ruin the surprise. They bought an engagement ring that same day.Layla’s father, David Reaves on Lane’s phone call asking him for his daughter’s hand!
- Unfortunately, after several years of marriage, they separated in 2016.
Reason For Divorce
- As per the sources, they parted ways due to Lane’s extramarital affairs.
- In August 2015, there were rumors of Lane having extramarital affair with Kristen Saban (Daughter of Nick Saban, University of Alabama’s head coach).
- Layla filed for divorce in February 2016 citing irreconcilable differences.
- Soon after filing for divorce, Lane revealed that the former partners would maintain an amicable relationship.
After a lot of careful thought and consideration, Layla and I have mutually decided to divorce. We are fully committed to our kids’ future being our No. 1 priority. We will maintain an amicable relationship with respect for each other as we raise these three wonderful children. We will have no further comments and appreciate respect for our family’s privacy.
- After the divorce, both of them haven’t involved in any kind of relationship.
Divorce Settlement and Alimony
- Following the divorce, Layla received $250 thousand as a settlement.
- She also receives around 34.5% of Lane’s earnings.
- At the moment, Layla is believed to be living in a rented Manhattan beach house. She is supposedly paying $10 thousand each month for the property.
- While being interviewed by SI, Lane revealed that he doesn’t make any money after paying his former partner 34.5%.
I really don’t make any money. I pay around 52% in taxes. Layla gets 34.5% in the divorce, and [agent Jimmy Sexton] gets 3%. I make [about] 9% and I’m living in Tuscaloosa.
Mother of Three
- Layla Kiffin shares three kids: Landry, Pressley, and Monte Knox Kiffin, with her former partner, Lane Kiffin.
- They welcomed their first child, daughter, Landry in 2005. She will graduate from Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks, CA in 2023.
- After two years, they gave birth to another daughter, Pressley in 2007.
- In 2009, they welcomed their only son, Knox.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.