Kniko Howard is a celebrity kid who is famous for being the eldest son of actress and Mint Swim founder, Draya Michele.
Table of Contents
Kniko Howard’s Early Life
- Kniko Howard was born when his mother, Draya Michele AKA Andraya Michele Howard was 17.
- He is 19 as of 2022.
- He spent most of his childhood days in Pennsylvania.
Who is Kniko Howard’s Father?
- There were huge rumors of Kniko Howard being the son of Gilbert Arenas (former NBA player).
- It all started after his mother was involved in a complicated relationship with Gilbert and his partner, Laura Govan.
- Arenas later revealed that he met Michele back in 2008 and Kniko was born somewhere around 2003/4. So, he couldn’t be his father.
- Several celebrity gossip websites claimed that he silenced this news by paying $20,000.
- However, he challenged several news media to prove their claims and if they prove their story, he would pay them $1 million as a donation. They couldn’t prove anything.
- Draya was silent until the media claimed Gilbert as her baby daddy. She took to her Instagram to reveal the truth behind Kniko’s father.
Here is Darya… At 17 years old I got pregnant by a man who became incarcerated for 10 when I was 7 months pregnant. With help from my mom, I was able to survive.
- Michele further stated that she couldn’t have gotten pregnant by Gilbert in 2002 and if she had, she would never have wasted her time working “in the club” for seven years.
Now, judging by how under-developed and young I was, besides living in a very small city in PA….. There’s no way in 2002 I got pregnant by some athlete. If I had, there’s not a chance in f***king hell I would have wasted 7 years of my life working “in the club” because clearly child support would be on fleek. I have never received A DIME of child support in my life and that’s ok.
- In the same caption, she revealed that Kniko’s father was a barber and lived in Pennsylvania.
I have also NEVER attempted to say anyone other than who my son is named after (yes he’s a junior) was the father. My son’s father lives in pa and makes an honest living being a barber. This shit is completely embarrassing to me and my family. And I intend on putting this to final rest. I’m pissed that I had to take time from remodeling my office in my brand new 4000 square foot warehouse to even address this.
But I’ve been quiet too long. I’ve also let people tell “my story” on tv too many times. I’ll speak my truths….. You speak your own and keep whatever momentum going by doing that. God bless. Leave the kids out of it for heaven’s sake. #seemybabyseat #boxdye #walmart”
- She also officiated that Kniko Howard is, in fact, a junior to his father, Kniko Howard.
Joined College in 2021
- Kniko Howard joined Georgia State University in Atlanta in August 2021 as a freshman college student.
- Following his admission, his mother shared a gallery of photos of him moving things into his dorm with an emotional message wishing him well.
Well. It’s official. I’m a college mom. I’m so proud of you son!!!!!! College whew 😥 I mean I knew you’d make it here. I hope you grow, learn, make new friends here in ATL SHAWTY ♥️ I love you. Of all the things I’ve ever done wrong in this life you were there with me in the struggle always and you’re proof that I did ONE THING right (that’s you) 💋 love you. Gotta blast 🚀 and cry. BRB. #GSU #panthers
- Kniko Howard has a younger brother named Jru Scandrick.
- He was born from his mother’s relationship with Orlando Scandrick (NFL player).
- His mother and Orlando were in an on-off relationship for around 7 years.
Resides in a LA House
- Kniko Howard resides with his mom and younger brother in an LA house that his mother bought back in September 2020.
- His mother has a net worth of $600 thousand.
I really was grinding all these years. I can’t believe I bought a house. A Los Angeles property 🙀— Draya Michele (@drayamichele) September 29, 2020
Controversy Regarding His Homework
- Back in 2017, his mother was backlashed for not being a good mother after she refused to sign his homework. Due to this reason, he got fewer points.
- Soon after she posted a complaint, her fan called her a bad parent.
Draya’s Parenting Fails
- Back in December 2010, Draya Michele was arrested in charge of endangering the welfare of a child after police found her abandoning her 7 years old son to work in Philadelphia.
- She was released on a $25 thousand bail.
- According to the police officer, Kniko called 911 at about 2 AM saying he was home alone on December 16, 2010.
- Following the incident, he was handed to his grandmother, Valeria Diaz at first.
- Later on, he was sent to the Children and Youth Services at the time of the investigation.
- Kniko’s mother was sentenced to two years of probation. She also had to go through 40 hours of community service.
- In addition, she was also ordered to attend family counseling.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.