Kay Kinsey Malone is known for being the wife of American retired basketball player, Karl Malone. Professionally, she is a former supermodel and winner of 1998 Miss Idaho USA.
Table of Contents
Kay Kinsey Malone’s Early Life
- Kay Kinsey Malone is the daughter of Celestina and Bob Kinsey.
- Her parents moved from the Philippines to the United States in 1962 after their marriage.
- Initally, they lived in San Antonio and in 1983, they permanently settled down in Idaho Falls.
- She was raised alongside three siblings, two brothers and a sister, Sharon Kinsey.
Lost Her Mother in 2009
- Kay’s mother Celestina lost her life after her battle with colon cancer.
- She died at home in July 2009 at the age of 59.
- She was dignosed with cancer in 1999.
- Celestina was survived by her husband, four children, and eight grandchildren.
Successful Married Life with Karl Malone
- Kay Kinsey shared her vows with Karl Malone on December 24, 1990, in Malone’s home in Salt Lake City.
- Talking about their love story, they first met in 1989 at a downtown shopping mall during an autograph session in Salt Lake City.
- Her brother-in-law, Dan Malone, first told her about Karl.
- Kay and Karl’s relationship started after Kay’s sister pretended to be her and sent a letter and a photo of her as Miss Idaho to Malone.
- After getting married, they went to Wendover, Nevada, for a short Christmas vacation.
- Only after a year of marriage, they went to honeymoon in Alaska.
Four Kids and Three Step-Kids
- With her husband, Kay Kinsey shares four kids: Kadee (b. November 8, 1991), Kylee (b. April 7, 1993), K.J. Malone (b. 1995) and Karlee (b. 1998).
- Thier first kid, Kadee Malone is a businesswoman who started her merchandise business. She is engaged to her boyfriend, Cedric Johnson since 2020.
- Thier fourth kid, Karlee Malone is married to Brent Diaz (player at Milwaukee Brewers).
- Kay also has three step-kids: Daryl, Cheryl Ford, and Demetress Bell from her husband’s previous relationship.
- The former beauty pagent winner, Kay Malone almost lost her life after she had kidney failure caused by a kidney stone in February 2021.
- She had two kidney stones which caused her to go into kidney failure.
- As a result, it caused an infection and she went into septic shock.
She wanted me to tell everyone what happened, she had two kidney stones that got stuck and it caused her to go into kidney failure, it then caused an infection that spread to her blood stream and she went into septic shock. It was honestly really bad, and we did almost lose her. But God is so good and she is doing so much better and is on her road to recovery. She is talking, walking and making jokes again! She still has a way to go but she’s doing so well! Thank you so much for all the prayers and kind words. We will keep you all updated. She says she’s thankful for all the prayers and love!Her son revealed about her health improvement through Twitter.
Career in Brief!!!
- Kay Malone started working as a cheerleader.
- In 1998, she took part in Miss Idaho USA and was able to win the title.
- Later on, she also worked as the director of pageants.
- At the moment, she is helping her husband in his businesses (Arby’s in Louisiana, Karl Malone Toyota in Salt Lake city, and Jiffy Lube franchise in Utah).
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.