Kaliko Kauahi is an American actress who earned huge limelight for portraying Sandra in the NBC comedy series, Superstore (2015-2020), Martha in The Big Bang Theory, and Principal Kwan in Raven’s Home.
Table of Contents
Is Kaliko Kauahi Dating Anyone?
- Kaliko Kauahi is one of those who don’t prefer sharing their personal lives with the public. Even on her Instagram profile, she has joked about being a “Private Figure” as opposed to being a “Public Figure”.
- As one who doesn’t like sharing personal stuff, she’s never ever revealed anything about her love life. So, her dating history still remains behind the curtains.
- However, on TV, her role from Superstore, Sandra Kaluiokalani, got married to Jerry (Chris Grace) in the current season 14th episode aired on January 30, 2020. The episode had over 2.78 million viewers worldwide.
An Action Movie Fan
- Although Kaliko has worked in comedy movies and TV series, she is a huge fan of action movies.
It all goes back to what I was watching as a kid or anything like an epic. I don’t know where I would fit in, but things are changing and maybe there’s a possibility to be in an epic story like Lord of the Rings, those kinds of big stories. I’m happy to do any of it really. If you think back to the feeling these movies gave you as a kid or when you first saw these movies, you want to feel that again.Kaliko Kauahi loves action movies.
Her Advice to New Actors
- Kaliko Kauahi tells newcomers and indigenous people like her to be themselves. In the beginning, one might feel like they don’t fit in, but one’s own charisma will make it a lot easier with time.
For Indigenous people, we are different and there are so few of us, that’s what makes us special, and instead of trying to conform to the parts and be like everyone else in the waiting room, be yourself because no one else is going to bring that to the role. That’s all you have.Kaliko Kauahi gives tips to newcomers.
- She also added that the new actors should train hard, need perseverance, and be prepared for any kind of opportunity.
Kaliko Kauahi’s Net Worth and Career
- Kaliko Kauahi has a net worth of around $500 thousand as of 2020 from her acting career. She is supposedly making around $20 thousand to $35 thousand per episode from her portrayal in the series, Superstore.
- Kauahi made her acting debut in 2007 when she was in her late 20s. While talking about her acting career with Geek Girl Authority, she revealed that accepting what she wanted to do took her too long.
I didn’t start pursuing acting until my late 20s and I already felt like I was behind. It just took me that long to admit to myself that this is what I wanted to do and to get over the fear. I never expected to be where I’m at now. When you’re an actor, you’re just happy to work at all, you know, doing anything. So to be on this show is truly a dream come true. I feel very lucky.Kaliko Kauahi on starting her acting career.
- Following her debut, she got small roles in several movies and TV series, but she started getting recognized after her role in the TV series, The Big Band Theory as Marta.
- Her career got a big break after she was cast in the Superstore as Sandra Kaluiokalani. While talking with US Magazine, she revealed that her most favorite and hated character to his date is Sandra.
- Prior to her acting career, she worked as a babysitter, housekeeper, and waiter.
- Apart from her career as an actor, she is also involved in philanthropy.
- Recently, she supported the NDN Collective’s Navajo Nation Relief Fund which completed its mission after collecting $227 thousand on May 20, 2020.
Kaliko Kauahi’s Early Life
- Kaliko Kauahi celebrates her birthday every year on January 11; however, her actual date of birth is missing.
- She is said to have made her first appearance when she was in her late 20s in 2007, so that means, her age, as of now, might be around 39-42 years old.
- The Superstore star was raised alongside two siblings: both brothers, Kaina and Kunzez Kauahi in Kaua’i, Hawai’i.
- One of her brothers, Kaina is a State Farm Insurance Agent in Honolulu, Hawaii, and is also the father of three kids.
- She completed her graduation from Loyola Marymount University, Lose Angeles.
- When she started her acting career, she always thought someone would ask her to change her name but no on did.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.