Danny Jones Penniman is known for being the adopted son of Richard Wayne Penniman AKA Little Richard and his wife, Ernestine Harvin.
Adopted by Little Richard
- Danny Jones Penniman was adopted at the age of 14 by Little Richard and became his only child.
- There is no paperwork for adoption.
Reasons For Adoption
- Danny was born in a poor family with his nine siblings: six sisters, and three brothers.
- Jones met Little Richard for the first time when he was in second grade.
- He occasionally drove up to their house in South Central Los Angeles.
All the kids would be waiting for him to come over. Whenever he did, he’d have a bag of coins, and he’d throw it up in the air and we scrambled. Oh, man, we got some money!
- Richard became an important person to Danny after his biological father’s death in 1982.
- One day his mother requested Richard to take care of Danny. He accepted the proposal and we know the rest.
My mom asked him: Could he take care of me? Because she didn’t she want me turning out like the rest of my -sisters and brothers, and he agreed to it.
- Danny was with Richard for 36 years until his demise in 2020.
Father Died In 2020
- On May 9, 2020, Danny Jones Penniman lost his father, Little Richard at his home in Tullahoma, Tennessee.
- The reason for Richard’s death was due to bone cancer.
- He had been suffering from cancer for around two months.
- Richard was buried at Oakwood University Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Huntsville, Alabama.
- The American singer and musician was 88 at the time of his demise.
- The only son of Little Richard went through a hernia operation soon after adoption.
He’s like, ‘Hey, there’s some girl downstairs to meet you.’ So, of course, I rushed down there real quick. They said, ‘Nobody down here to see you, what are you talking about?’ I come back up, and he’s just looking at me, shaking his head. I was like, ‘Wow, he got me once again!’Richard knew Danny was faking it.
Danny Jones Penniman’s Early Life
- Danny was born to his mother, Creola Jones in 1970.
- He has nine siblings, six sisters, and three brothers.
- His mom and his adoptive dad met at an evangelical rally.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.