Christine Baumgartner is a handbag designer and model who is famous for being the wife of Yellowstone actor, Kevin Costner.
Table of Contents
Christine Baumgartner’s Married to Kevin Costner
- Christine Baumgartner is the second wife of Kevin Costner.
- They shared their vows in 2004 after being an on and off relationship for a few years.
- They started dating in late 1999 but broke up for short period in 2002 because she wanted kids and he didn’t.
Fear kept me from marrying Christine. [She] wanted a child, but I was afraid I couldn’t be an effective father.Kevin told Closer Weekly about his break up with Christine in 2002.
- Kevin realized after their break up how much he loved Christine.
I woke up and thought, ‘Am I going to lose a beautiful woman who is willing to be with me to my very last breath because I am afraid to say yes to a child? That’s all it took. Sometimes you learn the thing you’re most afraid of will save your life.Kevin on realizing his love for his wife!
- They reconclied and got engaged in 2003. After a year, they married at his palatial ranch outside Aspen.
- As of this writing, the pair have been married for 17 years.
Husband’s Unsuccessful Relationships
- Her husband has faced two unsucessful relationships in the past.
- Kevin was first married to Cindy Silva from 1978 to 1994.
- Following their divorce, he got into a brief relationship with Bridget Rooney, but that didn’t work out as well.
Mother of Three and Step Mother of Four
- With her husband, Christine shares three kids: Cayden Wyatt (b. May 2007), Hayes Logan (February 2009), and Grace Avery Costner (b. June 3, 2010).
How did She Start Her Handbag Designer Career?
- Christine Baumgartner’s career as a handbag designer started by accident.
- While talking with Denver Post, she revealed how she needed a bag but couldn’t find any and designed them herself.
I didn’t start because I loved handbags; I started because I was missing something. I use a computer quite a bit and travel a lot. I looked for a computer bag, and they functioned, but I didn’t find anything that was right for me. When I came up with some samples, I showed them to Kevin, and he said they were beautiful and amazing. He told me I should take it to the next step and he’d help me.Christine on starting her handbag designing career!
- In 2004, she launched her business along with her friend, Tamara Muro and named the company, Cat (an acronym for Christine and Tamara). The company is currently run by Baumgartner and a few employees.
- Under the label CBC (Cat Bag Couture), she makes stylish laptop cases. It comes in faux fur, metallic leather, and circular shapes that are “more chic than geek”.
- It seems their handbag designing business has shut down. We didn’t find any website or social media handles for the business.
Shares $250 Million with Her Husband
- From her career as a handbag designer, Christine Baumgartner is surely making a huge amount; however, we are unsure about her fortune.
- What we know is her husband, Kevin Costner’s net worth, he boasts a whopping $250 million.
- Her spouse has a $28.5 million 17-acre plot of land in Carpinteria.
- Similarly, they have another 10-acre property in Carpinteria. They tried to sell it for $60 million in 2017 and reduced the price further to $49 million but, they took it off the market after they couldn’t sell it.
- The pair also had a 7-acre property in the same area. They sold it for $25 million in 2009.
Christine Baumgartner’s Early Life
- Christine Baumgartner was born Christine Anne Baumgartner on March 4, 1974.
- She has a Business degeee from California State University.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.