Cheryl Scott is an American Meteorologist who has been working at ABC Channel 7 based in Chicago since 2014.
Cheryl Scott’s Early Life and Education
- Cheryl Scott was born to Marie Picciano Scott on January 29, 1985, in New Jersey.
- She is the youngest of three kids. She has two elder brothers; Kevin and Brian Scott.
- She joined Brown University from where she completed her Bachelor’s degree in geological sciences.
- In 2010, she also received Meteorology Certification from Mississippi State University.
- Following her graduation, she did an internship in the weather department at a Philadelphia television station for two summers.
Engaged to Dante Deiana
- The 36-year-old Cheryl Scott is in a relationship with Dante Deiana who is a DJ and a senior vice president of Tally App.
- They started dating in mid-2016 after they first met at a charity event.
- Dante officiated about thier relationship via Instagram in November 2016.
- After two years, Deiana proposed to Scott while they were on a vacation in Hawaii in July 2018.
- The pair hiked up to the summit of Haleakala volcano where Dante popped the question.
- She “totally blacked out” but eventually said yes!
- Dante had hired a videographer to capture their intimate proposal moments secretly.
- Online websites have claimed that they are married but they aren’t.
- They are slowly planning their wedding.
We are slow to the wedding planning process, we couldn’t be more excited about our special day! Wedding details to come…Cheryl says she and her beau are slowly planning their wedding.
- Previoulsy, she dated Josh Lachelli (a restaurant owner).
- Besides, there were also rumors of Cheryl dating Blackhawks player, Patrick Sharp.
- There were several infedility rumors of the Chicago Blackhawks player and dating Cheryl was one of them.
- The meteorologist took to her socials to share a quote from William Faulkner and wrote “RUMORS will never be truth,” regarding her relationship rumors with Patrick.
Career of the Weather Girl
- Cheryl Scott dreamt of becoming a meteorologist after watching the tornado in the movie, The Wizard of Oz.
Weather has always been what I wanted to do.
- Scott wrote, “I plan to become a meteorologist!’ on her eight grade yearbook and she became one!
- She interned at WCAU-NBC 10 for two summers.
- Cheryl sent a demo tape and resume to several TV stations pior to joining WSEE-TV, a CBS affiliate in Erie as a evening weather reporter for two years.
- She joined an NBC affiliate in Knoxville, Tennessee, WBIR-TV as a weekend meteorologist afterward.
- After two years, in September 2011, she joined Channel 5 in Chicago as a morning and weekend meteorologist. .
- In December 2014, she became a part of ABC Channel 7. She has been working for them ever since.
- She also has a YouTube Channel where she has been posting since 2020 and has around 4 videos.
- Apart from her career as a meteorologist, she is also activley involved in social work.
- She has been volunteering with the American Red Cross following the Knoxville tornado disaster.
I joined the American Red Cross to get onsite as soon as I could, helping provide blankets, water and shelter, and talking to families about what we could do to help them get back on their feet. It was amidst the devastation that I learned I could be doing more to help communities affected by severe weather. I started regularly volunteering with the Red Cross and never looked back.
- As of now she is the Board of Directors of Red Cross based in Chicago.
- The meteorologist, Cheryl Scott loves dancing since her childhood days.
- In early 2016, she took part in the 11th Annual Dancing with Chicago Celebrities.
- She was announced “Most Valuable Person(MPV)” on the show.
- The charity-based show raised $251,000 in 2016. Since 2006, they have raised well over $1.85 million towards the battle against breast cancer.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.