Brittany Ashton Holmes became a household name after she was cast in the 1994 feature film, The Little Rascals as Darla.
Darla in “The Little Rascals”
- Brittany Ashton Holmes was chosen by a talent management agency for the 1994’s family comedy movie, The Little Rascals.
- In the movie produced by Amblin Entertainment, Darla (played by Brittany), was seen as the love interest of little Alfalfa (played by Bug Hall) who tries to win her heart.
- They ended up being one of the cutest Hollywood onscreen couples.
- The movie earned $67.3 million at the box office.
- Brittany received critical acclaim from the audience and for this movie, she and her co-actors even earned the Young Artist Award for Best Performance by a Youth Ensemble in a motion picture.
Convincing Brittany For Reunion
- Brittany Ashton Holmes who chose to stay away from the limelight for more than a decade made an appearance for the reunion of The Little Rascals on September 3, 2014.
- Los Angeles-based production company 22 Vision gathered all the child actors on the 20th anniversary of the movie to recreate some of the most memorable images of the movie.
- The founder of 22 Vision, Brian Pocrass revealed it was difficult to convince Brittany for the reunion.
- She had gone off the grid and was unreachable.
- When Brian found her and tried to talk to her, she was skeptic at first but she eventually agreed for the reunion.
- Folwling the success of The Little Rascals, she appeared in the McDonald’s ads in 1995 where she was featured alongside her TV family enjoying their fast food meal.
- On March 22, 1995, she appeared in the episode “$5000” alongside Ellen DeGeneres as Julie.
- She was also part of the erotic drama series called Red Shoe as Dana for the episode, “Divorce, Divorce“.
- Following this, she was seen in the TV movies Death Benefit, Circuit Breaker, and Humanoids from the Deep in 1996.
Similarity Between Britney Spears and Brittany Ashton Holmes
- Back on August 22, 2020, Britney Spears shared a post talking about the similarity between Holmes and her.
- On the video, Darla is constantly instructed not to look directly at the camera.
- In the post, Spears admitted to look directly at the camera during her childhood just like Ashton.
When I was on the Mickey Mouse Club they used to use a spot for me beside the camera so I would stop looking at the camera 🐭🎥🔴 !!!! I would always get in trouble just like her …. and her name is Britney too …. yes I know hers is spelled Brittany 😜 !!!! I saw this and laughed so hard yesterday 🤣😂😂 !!!!Britney talks about her similarities with Brittany.
Uninterested In Acting
- After her early rise to fame, Brittany Ashton Holmes changed her mind and started leading a normal life away from the showbiz.
- While she was active in MySpace, she claimed that it’s embarrassing to watch herself acting.
I was an actress when I was little and did this movie called ‘The Little Rascals’. It’s, like, really embarrassing to watch and I don’t want to act anymore.Holmes says she doesn’t want to act through her MySpace account.
Brittany Ashton Holmes Now
- After rising to prominence at a young age as an actor, Brittany Ashton Holmes completely avoided the spotlight and is now leading a normal life.
- She discarded her career as an actor and is now staying away from the media limelight.
Holmes’ Early Life
- Brittany Ashton Holmes was born on February 27, 1989, in California, United States.
- Her nickname is Brit.
- She has a height of 5 feet 3 inches (1.6m).
- Brittany graduated from her high school in Southern California.
- Did you know she was in her school’s football team?
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.