Bridget Rooney is a Pittsburgh Steelers heiress as she is the granddaughter of Arthur Rooney (original owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers football franchise). She is also known for being the former partner of Kevin Costner.
Bridget Rooney’s Parents and Siblings
- Bridget Rooney was born to Timothy James Rooney and June Marraccini on April 26, 1962.
- Her father is the owner of Yonkers Raceway and her late grandfather Arthur Joseph Rooney was the original owner of Pittsburgh Steelers.
- She has five sibilings; two brothers, Timothy James Jr., and Thomas Joseph Rooney and three sisters Kathleen Mcnulty, Margaret, and Cara Rooney.
Bridget’s Married to Bill Koch
- Bridget Rooney, 59, is a married woman. She shared her vows with American billionaire businessman, William”Bill” Koch in 2005 in Colorado.
- On thier big day, her brother-in-law, David Koch served as the groom’s best man.
- Her husband is 22-years older.
- Bridget Rooney’s now husband gifted her a 31-carat yellow diamond from Graff in 2002.
- The pair had met for the first time in 2001 near Aspen, Colorado.
Previously Dated Kevin Costner
- In 1994, she was in a brief relationship with Golden Globe Awards winner Kevin Costner follwoing Costner’s divorce from Cindy Costner in 1994.
- Hello! Magazine mentioned Kevin and Bridget as husband and wife but they were not more than boyfriend and girlfriend.
- Her ex-partner has six kids: three from his fisrt marrige and three from his current marriage.
- With his first wife, he welcomed Annie, Lily, and Joe Costner.
- And with his current wife, Christine Baumgartner, he welcomed Cayden Wyatt, Hayes Logan, and Grace Avery Costner.
Mother of Two
- Bridget Rooney has shared two kids: Liam Costner and Kaitlin Koch, with different partners.
- She is the stepmother to William Jr., Robin, Charlotte, and Wyatt Koch from her husband’s previous relationships.
- From her dating relationship wuth actor Kevin Costner, Bridget welcomed a son named Liam in November 1996.
- While Bridget was pregnant, the actor demanded a paternity test and report proved him as the biological father.
- Professionally, her son is a real estate agent who works at Frankel-Bell Realty.
- With her current husband, Rooney shares a daughter, Kaitlin, born in 2006.
- She studies at Oxbridge Academy.
- She is into ice skating. She has even performed at Come Fly With Me! event in 2018 presented by Palm Beach Ice Works.
Wife of a Billioniare
- The America socialite, Bridget Rooney is married to billionaire Bill Koch, who is worth a whopping $1.7 billion.
- Rooney’s husband is a philanthropist. He’s donated $2 million to Restore Our Future in support of Republican Party Presidential candidate, Mitt Romney.
- Similarly, he has also donated $1.5 million to Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound, which helps prevent the construction of Cape Wind.
- Koch once bought a $2.4 million 130-year-old photo in June 2011 from a Denver auction.
- At the same time, Bridget is also the heiress of Pittsburgh Steelers which is currently valued at $3 billion.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.