Andrea Bertorelli is a former Canadian actress famous for her marriage to pop star, Phil Collins.
Early Life of Andrea Bertorelli
- Andrea Bertorelli was born in the UK in 1951.
- When she was 18, her father died.
- The following year, her mother got married and they moved to Canada.
- Regarding her education, she joined the Camberwell School of Art but dropped out after her father’s death.
First Wife of Phil Collins
- Andrea Bertorelli and Phil Collins first met at a drama class in West London when they were 11.
- After several years, in the early 70s, they reconnected when Phil was on a tour in Vancouver with his band, Genesis and started dating.
- After a couple of years of dating, they walked down the aisle on September 27, 1975, in a Catholic Church in Epsom, Surrey, UK.
- However, after five years of marriage, they separated in 1979, and finalized their divorce in 1980.
Had Two Affairs While Being Married to Phil
- The former actress, Andrea Bertorelli went through two different relationships while she was still married to Phil Collins.
- Firstly, she dated a descendant of the Burberry fashion design family, Michael Burberry. They were in a relationship while Phil was away on a global band tour and Michael was working as a painter and decorator of their Surrey home, The Old Croft.
- Andrea had a nervous breakdown after which she confessed about her brief relationship to her husband. He didn’t react whatsoever.
- She later dated Charles Edward Chicester Eustace for around two years and even thought about getting married.
- The duo even went house-hunting together in the West Country. However, Charles knew about Andrea’s love for Phil and hence, he tried talking to Phil about this but he never got through.
Reason For Divorce
- The reason for Andrea and Phil’s divorce isn’t because of the former’s relationships, but of the latter’s mistakes.
- They divorced on the grounds of adultery.
- Following their divorce, Andrea Bertorelli prefers to stay away from the limelight, and her personal life is unknown.
- Other the other hand, her ex-husband has faced two unsuccessful marriages.
- From 1984 to 1996, he married Jill Tavelman. As a settlement, he paid ₤17 million to Jill.
- In 1999, he tied the knot with Orianne Cevey but they separated in 2008. He paid around ₤25 million as alimony.
Sued Phil Collins in 2016
- Andrea Bertorelli filed a lawsuit against him in 2016 after Phil Collins published his autobiography Not Dead Yet where he talked about his unsuccessful marriage with Andrea.
- When the book was published, Andrea wasn’t happy with it since it portrayed her as a gold digger and bad mother.
I have variously been portrayed as a homewrecker, a gold-digger, and a bad mother. The recent publication of Phil’s autobiography, Not Dead Yet is the final straw.
- She also added that the book has a lot of false statements about their marriage.
The book contains a number of wholly false statements about myself and my marriage to Phil which have not only seriously damaged my reputation but have also caused me considerable distress.
- Andrea Bertorelli has two kids: a son, Simon Collins, and a daughter, Joely Collins from her two different partners.
- From her former partner, she has a daughter, Joely Collins who was born on August 8, 1972.
- Joely was adopted by Tom after his marriage to Andrea.
- Professionally, Joely is an actor who is known for her work in Becoming Redwood, The Final Cut, Hideaway, and Madison.
- Talking about her personal life, she is married to Stefan Buitelaar since 2008 and has a kid, Zoe Amelie Buitelaar.
- Andrea and her ex-husband welcomed a son, Simon Collins on September 14, 1976.
- He is a singer and drummer and also served as the lead vocalist of a rock band named Sound of Contact.
For more updates, subscribe to ConciseMag.